Monday, July 9, 2007

There is nothing wrong

There's nothing wrong with being innocent and not wanting a national ID card. If you seriously want to extend it to a logical conclusion, then all 'innocent' people should have no problem with implanted brain chips that show whereabouts and thoughts. I mean, if you're innocent you have nothing to worry about!

Which brings me to my next point. The state's view of innocence is markedly different from actual innocence. I don't smoke weed, but I have no problem with it and wouldn't call anyone that does 'not innocent.' There are plenty of laws that implicate truly innocent people, but the state's oft errant notions of public policy will make innocent people guilty, punished, and socially tarnished. Unless you're a perfect angel, please spare me the talk of 'innocence.'

I can't believe I actually have to argue this crap. A national ID card ON TOP of the bs we're already subjected to? How about a state agent in each home? How about detailed records of everyone's purchases? How about phone taps on every phone?

I mean, think about it; if you're innocent, why not?

No comments: